This is the latest build from electronics master, Steve Hobs, and its a beauty! This build is built primarily from reclaimed and recycled woods donated to SBC Guitars by Hobs’ Dad, and features a beautiful, understated split front top with a bookmatched walnut top.
This guitar was primarily designed as a drop tuned chug machine, something Hobs feels is sorely missing from the left handed guitar market. The scale starts from a 26″ on the low string, with the vertical fret at the 5th. This guitar comes loaded with a set of hand wound, matched pickups from ERS guitars, designed for a bassy, high gain sound.
- 16” radius
- 25” – 26″ scale vertical fret at the 5th
- Dunlop jumbo fretwire
- Asymmetric neck profile
- 41mm nut
- Three part neck block
- Custom wound ERS pickups, Gainbuckers, Single and humbucker, matched set, mapple bobbins
- CTS pots, coiltap, momentery kill switch
- ABM single string bridge units
- Schaller locking machines
- Body; American white ash, capped with bookmatched black walnut, split front
- Neck; Maple and black walnut with veneer fillets
- Fretboard; Padouk, with matched 2 ply binding and luminous fret dots
- Other; Wenge scratch plate, wenge and spalted beech knobs
Custom build options available
Price for this guitar £1960.00
If you would like to buy this guitar or discuss a custom build, please do get in touch with us directly.