This guitar is one of my favourites! The latest model in our long standing SB3 model, this guitar is a blend of contemporary design with a nod to a traditional shape and a very traditional bridge, designed as an update to the classic bone bridges on archtop and jazz style designs. The result of this is a warm, natural toned guitar, with a decent dose of bass and mid response. This guitar is fantastic to play clean, but it really shines when overdriven. Oil City make some of the finest pickups in the world, that distort fantastically well but retain tonal clarity, the thin body and bone bridge supply superb sustain in a comfortable package, combining to create a beautiful mix of tone, performance and comfort!
- 14”-16” radius
- 25.5 – 24.75” scale
- Dunlop medium jumbo fretwire
- ‘D’ shape, aymmetric neck profile
- 43mm nut, with zero fret
- 22 frets
- Three part neck block
- 30mm solid body
- Oil city Blackbird angled pickups
- Schaller, locking machines with ebony buttons
- bone/through body bridge with brass and bone string block
- Body; sapele body wings, capped flamed mindi wood sandwiched with fumed oak and stained veneer.
- Neck; Maple and sapele with stained tulip veneer
- Fretboard; Indian rosewood (sustainably sourced)
- maple and bone bridge, wenge pickup plate
Custom build options available
Price for this guitar £2659.00
If you would like to buy this guitar or discuss a custom build, please do get in touch with us directly.